PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 28th Feb 2006, 00:52
royalterrace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Those at AC who think you have the job of jobs you are wrong. Those at WJ who think the same you are wrong. Ask yourself only one thing. Am I happy?
Point clear?"
I'll make my point as clear as I can to you. I AM HAPPY. When I decided to live in this country, there was one thing that was very clear to me. If I lived in Britain, I would whant to fly for BA. If I lived in Germany, I would want to fly for Lufthansa. In Canada, AC is what I have chosen. No regrets. Despite CCAA, a changed contract, reduction in wages etc. I am still in good shape and that's exactly the point. Even after all that degrading stuff, I'm still happy. A benefit of organized labour and working for a major I guess. As far as WJ goes, my view is that many egos were inflated there after 9/11 when flag carriers took a hit and the low cost phenomenon literaly took off. Pilots there became millionaires because their stocks whent balistic. Newspapers couldn't say enough good stuff about them. But just as we all knew, with time AC would survive and return to profitability. Others would have smoldered in the flames of CCAA. Looking ahead, there's much to be positive about in both companies. But at the end of the day, the benefits of the major carrier are unmatched. Period. For those who chose not to go to AC, I understand and admire your decision. For those who failed to get to AC, don't waist my time with your bitterness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by brucelee : 13th September 2005 at 01:24.
Reading through this thread it seems a lot has changed.