PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA misses out on SY-LA
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 00:37
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
I'm afraid some of you are demonstrating that old saw "Where you stand on an issue depends on where you sit".
You care not one whit for Australian jobs, you simply care for your own, which is perfectly understandable. I expect that the pilots among you will avert your eyes and stand primly on the sidelines if QF's heavy maintenance is outsourced to China, as long as you are not affected.
It would be great if VB could start a Pacific run, but the logistics of doing so might be prohibitively expensive.
Woomera could we please lock this thread? Its going nowhere in particular.
Rubbish again Sunfish.

I am far removed from your old saw. But despite my interests being unaffected, the surrendering of Australian jobs to Singaporean business, traitorous. And the nature of the Singaporian business practices, should leave no doubt that aviation jobs will be sent offshore.

Do you really believe SQ will have an Australian ( who has every right ) as a "Singapore Girl" ? Or do you believe they will wish to be burdened with high Australian taxation and employ locally?

Desert Whine

You are deluded by the Arab bread you take- there are significant benefits in EK not having to pay wages crippled with high Australian taxation rates.
Would you fly for EK if you had to pay 50% tax? No. Well that means EK pays a lot less than QF to attract skilled labour!

Herin is the REAL ISSUES facing Australia. Taxation reform to make efficient labour and business practices competitive in a heavily subsidised world!

Frozo

Hope you ain't taken the ugly road there mate.