PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 23:38
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jetstarFA

Understand your frustration, and agree with you on many points.

A couple of things...

"We all will just become even crankier than we already are
Service will suffer
More "OSCARS" about a freakin cookie
More sick leave
More cups of tea with the boss
More negativity
More stress for CM's to deal with
More turn over in staff which means less experience"
From the company's perspective...they don't care. Simple.
With the exception of turnover, is this not the same thing we're hearing about at Short Haul and Long Haul?

"I have customer service skills, interpersonal skills and an altruistic passion for my job....
About half of the crew in Sydney alone have University Degress and I know one guy with a Masters Degree......???"
With the exception of the Degrees (as they are not a job requirement), customer service skills, etc. don't mean much to the company. They employ people with the most basic of customer service skills. Turnover is good, as far as they're concerned.

Re: Striking...

Good luck with that one mate. Whilst Sydney and SEQ crew might, they don't make up the majority of crew across the entire network. CNS, HBA, NTL, MDB, and ADL won't strike, and MEL (given their very ambitious group of young folk) sure won't either.

For every one of us that would strike, there are at least two that won't. Sad, but true.

I don't like our situation either. But if the crew ACROSS THE NETWORK don't act as a unified group, we're doomed from the outset.