PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFW Arrivals fao Scott
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 22:09
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Howdy;

Sorry it has taken me a while to get on, life has been hectic... We use the Jonez as an offset arrival when approach is allowing us to use what we call duals. This is done when the flow rate is up around 128 an hour or so (arrivals only), when the duals are in use, we normally acheive about a 144 arrival rate an hour <G>, got to love having concrete.

If you do get the Jonez you may or may not get the 18 complex. It is designed for the 17 complex. However since BA lands and goes to the International terminal on the west side, if there is a slot available on the 18's they will give that to you. They will even do it if you come over BYP. It just has to do with if there is a slot available for you on the finals. As with anything else we do, we try to give the most advantagous route and runway, but we aren't going to go out of the way to move other aircraft so that you don't have to taxi for two counties <G>... By the way, how do you like the new International Terminal???

regards

Scott

PS. Let me know when you are in town, would love to chat with you. I live 9DME on the 13R loc <G>. If given enough warning ( a couple of months) I might be able to get you into the center, but it takes a lot of info and then clearnace from security at the national level...