PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Civil Service Question
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 22:07
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
VP959

I agree that is how it is applied in HQ posts. As I said, a C2 = Sqn Ldr etc, but the rules state that in a HQ post (and DPA/DLO qualify) the serving officer may be "elevated" one step, as long as he is on his 2nd tour or more (a Whitley Council ruling). Another rule that is widely ignored. However, this artifical elevation has its limitations because, for example, the Sqn Ldr can't sign for the C2's expenses etc. Well he can, but the paying office will throw it back if they spot it, as they work to Treasury rules.

Just remember, if you are ever posted to DPA or DLO as a Requirements Manager or an ILS Manager...... Regardless of your rank I, as a Project Manager, am REQUIRED to know how to do your job. And, if you do not know how to do it, or do not want to do it (!!), I am REQUIRED to do it for you, in my own time, without reward. Just one of those little Grade Description issues I mentioned.

Confirmed many times at (junior) Ministerial level and again via FOI. And applied frequently in DPA.