PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what to expect in housing
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 19:49
mpflis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to expect in housing

I was hoping someone could give me some insight on the housing market in HK right now. I will hopefully be starting aug-sept this year and we are trying to make plans on what to expect in terms of purchasing an apartment, or deciding to rent. Is there a minimum down payment required in Hong Kong. For example, if we try to purchase a 8 million HK dollar flat, will we be looking at 20% down, or is it possible to buy with less up front? I know at 50% of 35000/76.1 of the RFZ as a SO, we will be looking at a substantial struggle for the first 2 years; however, if prices are continually declining, it might be prudent to squeak by and then be comfortable by year 3. Is it possible to acquire a secondary loan from a local HK bank as a new employee at Cathay? Any current SO's that have recently gone through this predicament, your input would be greatly appreciated! I am also clueless on where to find the current HK index. What are some of the more popular places to live. Im coming over with my wife and 3 yr old son. Any suggestions and examples would be very helpful. thanks in advance. cheers