PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 16:39
Knightwhosays_NI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it means that if you have no 'O' levels but have a degree, you are still eligible, even though CAAS says you must have 'O' levels (para 5) but with higher qualifications being considered at their discretion (para 6). So there appears to be some contradictions here.
I think SIA got sloppy with the new website, and didn't proof read this properly. But it's been some time since I had a look at the requirements, so things might have changed. Anyway, when I applied, O levels were compulsory, you needed a pure science subject, and pure physics is preferred.

If someone wants to be a cadet but is in financial straits to such an extent that it cannot be mitigated, then that person has shown poor planning and should not be allowed to be an airline pilot.
I can't agree with such a sweeping and judgemental statement.

Usually the largest financial obligation a young man has is a car
I sure would like your friends! My friends are mostly poor chaps who need to help out with family finances whether it be their own family unit or retired moms and dads.

It's nice to see such passion in a pilot, ThermalImage. However, it's not realistic to expect others to feel the same way as you do. By the way, what fleet/batch are you with?