PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA misses out on SY-LA
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 16:23
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Borg:
We asked for proof, not propaganda
I didn't present these figures or this article as being my own viewpoint? People wanted some figures to discuss and I provided some from a news article?? Hence why I pasted the entire article and it's source - as I do with other newspaper articles. I agree with some of it's content but I've not made mention of what parts.

Perhaps if you do some research you can find some information on market deregulation, globalisation and the net effects on national economies. (I'd suggest personally from something more mainstream)
As for your other "comments" regarding the military. I'll await some guidance from Woomera on how I can answer those. Several of the points you present I'll address if given the chance. However they relate more to points I'd make on your military service so I'll leave it at that till those on high speak!

As for your piece on unions - I'm not sure I can respond without taking Woomera offside. However I'll say one thing. You said
how would letting SIA operate SYD-LA benefit Australian pilots? Oh that's right, you don't make you living as one do you? Neither incidentally does P-A-F, being a General Duties officer. Definition, an officer whos duties sometimes include flying aeroplanes.
Do you like picking fights with pilots who have more to be concerned about than trading esoteric economic points with amateurs?
How do you expect me to respond. If I say anything, all you do is say that "You've never worked for a major airline, and you're only someone who sometimes flies planes", and "I'm not interested in economics". I can't answer you if you don't want to talk economics because the answer lies in the field of economics. I thought the issue here was the economic effects of opening up an air route to competition? I'm quite happy to discuss the issue at hand - if given the chance! I thought that was the idea, to debate the issue rather than just dismiss my comments because you don't like my current form of employment.

Doesn't your logic that military pilots should only stay in the Military forum mean you should stick to threads that talk about say "work cycles down final" or "crosswind landing techniques" , and not post in threads that discuss globalisation, macroeconomic reform, and protectionism?? (leaving that to people who have an education in economics?) I don't believe that should be the case and I'm sure you'd agree!
I disagree with your logic personally.

[Edited for to early AM grammer / spelling ]

Last edited by Pass-A-Frozo; 27th Feb 2006 at 17:06.