PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate flying versus Airlines
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 13:02
potatowings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corporate

Hi Peter,

Just thought I'd say that as a Corporate pilot it can be a difficult side of the industry to get into, but exceptionally rewarding and I certainly find it far more attractive than scheduled airline, having done that aswell.

When I was training, no one ever told me the route that I'd have to take to get mayself into a jet of any sort and it was certainly a hard road to walk and sometimes crawl, but well worth it.

I do see people of your age getting into corporate and 'traditional' airlines however you will have to work harder than your younger counterparts but have 20 years of flying ahead of you.

As far as flying the "small" jets as opposed to the larger jets is concerned. When I'm sat at 47,000' looking down on the 747's, 777's, A330/340's etc, I know why I do what I do. Epecially when I get 3 days downroute to relax whilst my airline counterparts are banging out 4 - 6 sectors per day on less money.

The decision to take that leap to CPL is tough, but good luck with it. I know several people who have recently done it so if you're looking for advice, just PM me.