PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northolt Spit??
Thread: Northolt Spit??
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 13:01
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fantasy Of Flight etc.

Back from Florida now and did make it to Fantasy of Flight (albeit on my own as wife and daughters preferred to stay by the pool for the day ).

All pretty much as reported and well worth the visit. Many of the aircraft are immaculate, some like the Sunderland and the B24 not quite so. Kermit got the P40 out for some very Old Warden-like fly-bys in the hot afternoon sun. Loved the un-crowded ambience of the place (great contrast to the Theme Parks!).

There is a based B17, which flies most weekends if sufficient punters stump up the 400USD to "crew" it - this was not going to happen the day I was there so no point in even being tempted. The Connie which has now been parked-up for about 5 years outside is starting to look at bit sorry for itself sadly. Did have a short trip in the D25 5 seat biplane (59 USD for about 25 mins). For 199 USD, the same Father and Son duo were doing aero's trips in a Harvard (sorry T6 Texan!)

Also made it to Kennedy Space Centre with the family - highly recommended for the sheer scale of it all and the history of the Space Programme.

Were it not for a lapsed SEP, I'd have definately been getting airborne from Kissimmee Gateway also, lots of cheap aeroplanes to fly