PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAAC IN TROUBLE AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 10:20
Gwas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Pirate.
I too had several very enjoyable years with EAAC. To me, the most striking aspect of the Company was the 'can-do' attitude of just about everyone I met. If willingness could have been turned into cash, then EAAC would have been up there with the big boys. Unfortunately, the Company seemed to be long on 'good guys' and short on people with business 'nous'.

The only business plan that I could detect was:
1. Buy a number of aircraft on the cheap (type almost irrelevant).
2. Recruit crews and fly aircraft until both were on their knees.
3. 'Redund' the crews and sell the aircraft as spare parts.
4. Repeat.

The decision-makers (whoever they were) were intent on bean counting things like aircraft spares, yet were quite content to allow monumental waste through duff planning and poor house-keeping. Schemes that could have saved hundreds of thousands were offered and sidelined (not invented here?). So I guess any accusing finger has to point at most of the managers (nice guys that they are) as well as PGS. Or are we going allow the "not me guv, I was only following orders" style of defence?

Contrary to what most bean-counters seem to think, the real value of a company lies in its people rather than its machinery. If only EAAC's business plan had been built around that.

Last edited by Gwas; 27th Feb 2006 at 11:46.