PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crosswind limits for CPL students.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 09:21
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your answers and whether you are flying instructors or not I think all posts make a valid point. My intention is not to break my limits but to extend them. When graduating with a CPL I would expect a little more out of myself than 6-7 kts. x-wind but without training I am not sure I can cope.

I have 110 h and the target is 150 h. Most of the time remaning is for cross country practice. That means it won't be too much time over for more x-wind practice, not even with instructors. I talked to a student who graduated here last year. He had not had too much of crosswind training either he said and now he had experienced a situation where he had to battle 17 kts. crosswind in a PA28. He managed to put it down safely but the landing was not too neat he said.

Well well, I guess this is not anything to moan about. The CFI makes the rules and we are here to obey them. I just wanted to hear what you guys thought to see how you at other schools. I appreciate all your hints on how to improve my crosswind techniques. So far I can only dream about 15-20 kts. but it must be fun, some stick'n rudder
As it feels now, I would stay on ground in such winds because I rather sit on ground longing up than in an aircraft longing down.