PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Danger in the skies
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 09:01
Dream Buster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Will this Observer article be the one that finally opens the can of worms that has been waiting to be opened for the past few years?

As a recently prematurely retired ex airline Captain from 15 years on the 146 I can categorically state that flying them continuously can "Seriously damage your health".

I know this because I haven't been anywhere near a 146 for over 6 months and one just feels so much better for it. It may also have something to do with not having the rediculous pressures of low cost flying to balance, but that's another story.

Perhaps this time the CAA and the Lords may start to listen and then act a bit more responsibly. I just know that where there's smoke, there's often fire (if you will excuse the pun) and ignoring it or hoping it will go away does not normally work.

What happened to 'fail safe' and 'benefit of the doubt' and all those other sound aviation principles that we normally take for granted?

It may be worth everybody who has been effected giving the Observer a ring to confirm the extent of the problem and the obvious 'under reporting' that has occured.

There is definitely a problem. Unfortunately, for everybody.