PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA misses out on SY-LA
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 07:15
The_Cutest_of_Borg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pass-A-Frozo
The lack of competition on the Qantas-dominated Australia-US route is costing Australia up to $126 million in lost tourist revenue a year, a study commissioned by Singapore Airlines found.
We asked for proof, not propaganda.
I didn't say that military pilots are not professional; I was one myself so I know the standards. Having been in the RAAF I also know that no matter what the category description, you can end up in virtually any job that doesn't require degree qualifications to fill. I believe you are living proof of that at the moment.
When I was in the RAAF I actually thought a lot like yourself. Unions were for left-wing ratbags. Now I see them as an absolutely essential counter-balance to out of control "market forces" that seek to benefit only one class of person, the shareholder and the CEO's they pander to.
PAF you claim that when you eventually leave the RAAF you will work for what you are worth. No union for you... I hope you are a shareholder of the Johnson and Johnson company because you will be in need of their products fairly rapidly.
You said that my call to unify was a call to strike. You are only showing your naivety. Unifying is the only way that pilots can stem the tide of the feral abacus's. (abacai?) I never mentioned anything about striking and would only ever suggest it as a last resort. The fact is that you don't need to strike.
Airline company's and QF in particular have stated they intend to use the current laws to lever maximum advantage. I suggest that the law, the CAO's that protect the flight crews ultimate responsibility for the operation they are engaged in, are the ones that can be used to make the point.
You probably don't even know what I am talking about and that is the reason I say that RAAF pilots should stick to the military forums in matters such as these.
RAAF pilots never:
*have to be concerned about the economics of a fuel order.
*have schedule pressures (With the exception of the VIP squadron, hardly a "military" operation.)
*have to go cap in hand to their employer to gain a wage rise.
*have to worry about being undercut by someone for their next flying job.
*have to pay for their endorsements. (unless you count ROSO.)
* have their employer start up another operation with the SPECIFIC AIM of reducing their salaries.
You'll find out how the real world operates, as I did, in good order. Maybe we can see how quickly you change you views.