PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADF flying pay review
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 04:44
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember getting a brief from DPO a couple of years ago. This was what they were aiming at:
* Keep recruiting and training pilots through 2FTS at an unchanged rate, regardless whether anyone leaves that year or not.
* You get a 4 year initial tour, 2 year ground job or instructing, then 2 year second tour at SQN. After that - you get promoted, leave or can do ground jobs for the rest of your career as a FLTLT.
* They expect 50% attrition at the end of ROSO.

I pointed out I thought that I thought it was an expensive way of doing business to keep the flood gates open , and wave goodbye to 50% after 10 years. Was met by blank faces then a CO (towing company line as he has too!) saying "No no that's not what they meant"... when everyone was sitting there thinking - that's exactly what they meant and said!

They think the solution is to keep the cattle moving through the dairy. I thought (after seeing it myself) the real problem always is when 5-10 experienced guys leave a SQN over a short period of time because airlines around the world are recruiting. I know from my area guys have been going to Dragon Air, Cathay etc, as well as QF and The Virgin that blew.