PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA misses out on SY-LA
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 04:13
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

General Duties officer
Term went out years ago. The category is "Pilot" now.

You certainly have your feathers ruffled if you are left saying that "Aussie Military pilots aren't real Aussie Pilots". A rather unkind stab at a group of over 600 - 700 pilots in Australia, simply because I have right wing economic views.

All I've ever said is that people should consider their own situation when signing on for pay and conditions. None of this union stuff. I still fail to see why you get so offended at this. After all, the people advocating union and enterprise bargaining aren't advocating it becuase of some higher calling. They are doing it because they think it will gain them a better outcome. Well I don't agree with that way of getting a better outcome.. Now, back to the thread..

I believe the only thing I've stated in here is that structural unemployment can be addressed and economists are aware of the matter. If you must know, I think the fact that Singapore Airlines gets huge benefits being government owned is a limiting factor in allowing them to "compete" against QANTAS. I think that since Singapore won't change how it financially assists SIA the only unfortunately option left is allow them on the route with a suitable tax / tariff on every seat they sell that essentially pegs them back to level playing.