PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WJ Pilots Ratify Contract
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2006, 02:13
slowstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jumpy737,

Sorry that you took offense, really and truly, none was meant!

Thanks for the truly good, honest and intelligent reply, it's very refreshing and insightful. I appreciate it.

To set the record straight, I'm anything but pro-union, I grew up despising them and I see many more negatives than positives with them; I think you said it best with that they did or do very little for the pilots as individuals but I am not in that position to adequately comment. I have many friends in both Westjet, Jazz and mainline who I respect; I was simply attempting to point out some issues that many people outside of Westjet regularly comment on and few ever ask the people there. But then there is always that degree of B.S & company propaganda that one never knows quite where the line is.

Anyhow, I could never afford the pay cut and I won't pretend or posture for a for a point that could never be a reality. Once again I'm sorry, I really meant no offense and I do appreciate the insight and your excellent reply. As I said in my previous post I do hope that it works well for you guys and I wish you all luck.