PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 27th Feb 2006, 00:29
brucelee

nolimit.
I can't believe I'm still involved in this circus. I guess I will state again that it's difficult to understand unless you have been affected. So let me try just one more time. When I was hired a few short years ago, I was told captain on the bus within five years. That was just before we merged. It wasn't a promise. It wasn't a guarantee. It was merely a realistic look into the SHORT-TERM as to what I could expect from my new employer. World economics, management, terrorism, oil prices etc. all would play a part in that progress, no doubt. But the single most decisive factor which has impeded my advancement has been the merger. What do you see wrong with a thirtysomething year old airbus captain? In fact, not only did I not achieve that, I was forced onto a much smaller airplane. Even worse, yes there is even worse, is the fact that it will now take me well into my fifties before I can hold such a position. Not bad, you might say, you'll still do fine. Yes, but I could do some math for you and you would be shocked at the money I will have lost between now and then. Is the seniority thing starting to open your eyes yet? No? well, I could go on, but frankly boys and girls, I'm tiring of repeating myself. Yep, maybe I should just shut the fu*k up and accept things the way they are. After all, we're all just whyners. Nevermind money, does anybody believe in integridy anymore?
Oh and by the way, selfeshness and greed? Again I take you back in history when AC saved the many jobs that were about to be very uncertain at Canadian. Were those people ever promissed anything? Did we owe them anything? Please. Anywhere else in the world this situation would have been handled very differently. Canada, land of God given jobs. Time to go back to my real life now, it's been fun kids. See ya.

Last edited by brucelee; 27th Feb 2006 at 01:33.