PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm Not Going on any Det!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 22:46
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

PVR is a privilege that can be refused at any time. NGR is a statutory right to discharge after giving 18 months notice which I understood was available to all those who have completed 12 years service. Of course things may have changed in the two years since I gained my freedom.

If you do a training course it is your right to NGR that you sign away in order to amortise your training costs. I was told that that the NGR notice period can be altered to suit either party if both consent though I have never seen that in practice. I had to sign a waiver to give three years full service after I did an E3D OCU.

Once upon a time in the bad old days I worked with people who applied to PVR and were turned down time after time. AIUI these days a PVR is rarely refused but the waiting times for release are adhered to within reason.

As for transfers I did come across two ex RN Observers (Seaking chaps I think) who came over to be ALM’s. They had to work their full notice from the RN and then join the RAF. I saw them at Binsworth where they were trying to get the terms of service that they had been promised. As usual they didn’t have any such promises in writing and all that they had been told turned out to be lies. Particularly rates of pay and credit of seniority, they were not happy bunnies!! This was about three years or so ago.