PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piloting in USA
Thread: Piloting in USA
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 22:31
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGrecian
UK citizens are not eligible for the Green card lottery.
Isn't this exactly what I said?!

Originally Posted by BigGrecian
Stefair - you will be wasting a huge amount of your time and an even bigger chunk of your money doing the APP at Oxford if you want to fly in the US.
Erm ... BigGrecian ... maybe you have missed out on some of my post? It's not me who would like to train with OFT, as I never would!!! It was our fellow davepearsall who said he wanted to train with them but live and work in the US as a professional pilot. Thank you though for your concern.

Originally Posted by davepearsall
Hopefully by the summer I will hold a degree: BSc (hons) Environmental Science. Not exactly what they would probably be looking for.
Any degree would do just fine. Know someone who is a Financing graduate and minored in French. After college she was working as a CFI before embarking on corporate flying. Whether she has already made it into a shiny airline jet I can't say.

In general any degree will be OK as long as you complete your studies. Obviously, an airline would choose an Engineering over a Sociology gradute, provided both applicants are of the same age and hold identical flying qualifications.

Last edited by stefair; 27th Feb 2006 at 07:59.