PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WJ Pilots Ratify Contract
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 19:49
slowstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jumpy737,

Well good for you guys but I don't believe things are not that good in Camelot.

I don't care for the slamming and the negative that often goes with some sights and I will try not to go into the gutter too much here. You know when something does not feel right? You can feel it in your gut so to speak....right? Well that's kind of how Westjet feels, too much effort on trying to make it appear all rosy and sweet when it's not and nor can it be, because things don't add up...............1+1 still = 2 no matter how you dress it.

I know, understand and accept that there are no guarantee’s in the world today or that there ever was, but the only people at Westjet who have it made in the shade so to speak again is Clive and the first 100 employees who have won big............and good for them they took the risk and won. But to continue to try and sell the company as a Camelot as they have continued to do so is such a load of B.S. The new hires in the past have been brow beaten into purchasing stock and I expect they are somehow still pushed into it. You fine people have no security, the new hires face long waiting periods before they see the left seat just as with your competitors and you have no retirement plan or system.

I'm not pursuing employment at Westjet because I have serious concerns about how things are run there and I guess that's my business and concern, but I still see guys out there buying into and drinking the Kool-aid from management. In the end the only people laughing and have it made for retirement is Clive and a few others.

I would be interested in seeing and hearing about your new agreement too, although I don't know how they even sell you on that one, you have no representation, no union and no right to take action against the company even if you didn't like the offer. If you guys are truly happy with things there and your new pay structure then good for you, I hope that you and Westjet are able to prove me wrong. I hope you folks are able to enjoy a long and rewarding career there and that you have something to live on after you can't fly anymore.

I hope that you Westjet people didn't take this as gutter slamming against your company, it wasn’t meant to be, just some honest thoughts and observations. Good luck to you folks.

Slowstream