PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piloting in USA
Thread: Piloting in USA
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 19:39
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another option to gain legal residence status in the US is to win the greencard in the lottery. The great advantage is it would prevent you from getting scamed by those divorce loving US girls!

Bear in mind that you have to be married for a minimum of 5 years I think it is to be allowed to apply for the US citizenship. If your sweetheart decides to leave you before that day has passed you are very likely to be kicked out of the country. Don't know this for sure though and stand to be corrected.

I don't know whether it's true but I have read that folks holding UK citizenship are not permitted to participate in the greencard lottery for whatever reason?!

davepearsall,

If you want to become a pilot in the US go to America to one of the FTO's and obtain your FAA PPL, IR, CPL, MEP as well as your CFI ratings before starting to work as a CFI. While over there find yourself a woman who wants to marry you (might be more of a realistic route than the lottery ). Furthermore bear in mind that the majors in the US require their pilot applicants to hold a college degree. This is absolutely compulsory! So if you are serious about flying professionally in the US you might want to get this out of your way first.

Good luck!