PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 19:19
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post "Roll out the barrel", etc.

Me too, Norman. Touché.

Shame, though. I'd cleared my schedule for a Monday interview. Oh well, if ever you change your mind.....
Regarding the effect of fuel, I can only assume that Ryanair aircraft run on rainwater or something as you do not seem to think that your company is affected by the current fuel prices.
Don't be silly, Norman, we use fuel. Lots of it. Only difference is we've heard of hedging, something you lot evidently view as witchcraft. Oh, and I'm sure that breakdown chappie of yours will tell you how many of your 'loyal customers' we're continuing to poach because we take the view that fuel surcharges are, well, terribly un-British. Bit like the unfortunate Mr. Joyce, when it came to the crunch. Must admit I got a bit excited there for a moment when I saw you flopping the Joyce card on the table. Thought you meant James.....sigh.

Joyce was taken back to London on a stretcher, where he stood trial for high treason. Nobody denied that he had made the radio broadcasts. The only issue was whether Britain had any jurisdiction. By now, Joyce had become a German citizen. Before that, he had been an American. But the prosecution argued that during the period that Joyce held a valid British passport, he had a reciprocal duty to Great Britain. It's a ridiculous argument today, and it was equally ridiculous then. But the British were determined to rid the world of Lord Haw-Haw, so their courts upheld the legal farce.

And that's how the Limeys hanged a Kraut for treason.
All the best, Norman. You write beautifully.