PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 26th Feb 2006, 15:54
flyr4hire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trek:
I guess that would explain why AC has thousands of cv's on file and there are countless forum threads on "getting on" , "what's the protcol", "when's the next G/S?", etc etc. I think you understand where i am going with this?. Add to that the 60,000 - 70,000 pax per day, must really suck that poor old AC?
With many of my personal friends at AT, whom are happy to be there and make a good living, they still say the would have prefered to go with AC. Does this make them "bad" or "less qualified"? Absolutely not, it's the luck of the draw. So don't chastise the pilots who are here for hiring policies for which we have no direct control of. Your argument about 1500 hour Caravan pilots holds no water. In Europe, for many many years, they have run AB initio programs and thrown 200 hour pilots in right seats of airliners. Happens all the time. 1500 , 15000, or 150,000 hours means nothing if one have a s_ _tty attitude.
As for the Jazz stuff you talk about, i was once a Jazz pilot, many moons ago, and i am happy to say i took the opportunity to join the mainline when it came up. Jazz pilots would hassle me about staying or leaving. My answer was simple and direct. I started flying with one dream. To fly for a major airline. I would be kidding myself any everyone else if i said i wanted to fly regionals for life. All that to say i know the inner workings of the Jazz plight, or should i say the Original Air Ontario Pilots, and you would be foolish to believe that they aren't looking out for their own benefits. It not only happens in aviation but in every other aspect of corporate Canada and for that matter, the World.
If you're happy where you are , good for you, because we are happy where we are too, albeit being screwed over in the seniority battle. I'm still happy to go to work and do the best i can.
Cheers