PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 26th Feb 2006, 14:33
crib08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant believe you guys earn less the charter!

Its hard to believe you guys get less money than us charter lot. We do, do alot more work than you guys and there is no room for argument there i am very sure of that, but the basic wage and comission break down that was up above WOW.

I dont know why you guys stay there! I work for the 2nd largest charter airline at lgw and i dont bring home less than a grand after tax, and that doesnt incude my trip money which next month will be over 600 pounds. I know you guys get awesome consessions but as someone said you guys cant afford to use them. I dont know why you guys stay there, you must get stick off the pax just like us, maybe not as much. It cant be just coz u like the uniform, can it?

I do have to leave this note with a bit a a stab at VA. I know the money isnt great but I have positioned out with you guys, the amount of services (lack of) ,the amount of rest you guys get oh and not forgetting the rest area, what do you expect. If you want more money come and work in the charter zone but you will have to work for it and your crew rest area will turn into a bar box in a cramped galley.

p.s keep fighting though guys, in every airline, the job is hard the money is well earned and never enough but life is hard. good luck with your pay talks!