PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 26th Feb 2006, 13:48
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brucelee,

with the bitterness you're holding on to, I don't think you should have to worry endlessly about your hundreds of lost seniority numbers...your medical will never make it anywhere near retirement anyway.

God, I still meet people in the terminal who answer every "How's it going?" with "Not bad for a guy who got screwed out of 20 years of seniority"...how absolutely, tragically pathetic.

You say you "own" a seniority number. What bull****. It's a system set up by a employer, nothing more. The company, the industry, and life don't owe you OR THE OCP BOYS a friggin' thing. Perhaps that is why the arbitrators rule against OAC...they like most of the Canadian public can;t stomach the stench of entitlement.

This war is all about envy, greed, and demographic warefare. Why is it the loudest mouthpieces in the OAC camp seem to fit a certain profile: 30-something fastburners who've seen their rapid career progession slow down postmerger? Oh boo ******* hoo, the guy who "could hold the 767 within two years" when he was hired. Yet the OCP guys are (as alluded to elsewhere) in the main, people who have already done the bulk of their careers elsewhere, usually at several different carriers. I know full well the young guns at AC would have been quite happy to see the OCP guys struggling in Asia or at Home Depot, may the shoe never be on the other foot.

Lastly, I think people are sick to death of hearing the OAC whining about how "it was always their dream to work at AC, they worked towards it since before they could walk"...news flash..that doesn't make you special or exalted. Many, many people would trade your hard-done by status for theirs in a hearbeat.