PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 12:45
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
by Nimbus5
The thread started by Muddy Boots seemed to be a fairly decent and objective discussion with many former and wannabe OAT students contributing both positive and negative comments about their experience. It was then merged with your very one sided tirade. Scroggs rightly states that merging threads is a common practice on PPrune, but I don't accept that it should have been done to keep it from becoming all about OAT. Based on the title, I would expect it to be all about OAT. This is why I say it has become a joke. Perhaps Scroggs' intention was to keep it from being overly positive about OAT though I don't think it was nor would it have lasted long had it been. If anything, merging the two threads brought balance to the one you started.
I think you missed my point, Nimbus. I merged the threads for two reasons: firstly, having several threads about the same school is a waste of space and makes it difficult for readers. Secondly, there is no point having one thread pro-Oxford and another anti-Oxford. That way, those who subscribe to one point of view or the other simply choose the thread they wish to agree with and neither thread goes anywhere, and no-one's view is challenged. I want interesting, active, informative, controversial and challenging discussion (without name-calling and insults!) - that's what makes people come back for more. Now both threads are combined, we have a discussion where both points of view are represented. However, I would ask you all to note what the voices of experience have said, and to think carefully how much credence you give each correspondent here.

Scroggs