PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Kelly R44 with sad loss of 4. Speculation thread
Old 26th Feb 2006, 10:42
maxeemum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Most of us agree that operational experience (at the grunt end i mean not just as a straight line self opiniated line pilot either military or civil regardless of their hours) is the greatest aid in investigation"

topend TQ

Mate what is your point? Accident investigators do a specialized course (which then qualifies them to conduct accident investigation). Line pilots fly on the line and Military pilots fly Miltary Aircraft, whether any of these groups have self opinions is not really relevant.

In your verbage please explain Who is most of us? Who do you represent? Operational experience gained in what? Accident investigation or flying gen? Is your grunt end experience you talk of in the area of accident investigation or are you a commentator and speculator?

B4 you begin I too am no accident investigator, although I have attended 2 major accidents in my service both of which contained multiple deaths and multiple aircraft. I have plenty of operational experience, Civil and Military flying experience and enough hours to know that at some point all of us will experience some sort of accident or incident. What determines the outcome successful or otherwise will be your experience and your training. I suspect that grunt end experience may not solve your probems. I have met many folks in this game over the last 2 decades and the ones that are good at it don't use the MSU principle (ie make **** up). They are very aware of their limitations both human and material.

IMHO

Maxee