PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iMac questions for a Windows convert
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2006, 08:24
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mac. I remember downloading Mercury when you first suggested it but at the time I was a bit overwhelmed by the whole conversion process and it was all a bit too hard. I've just gone back to it now, I'm talking to my daughter upstairs ok, and she gets my iSight, albeit at a very slow frame rate. I just have to wait for another MSN contact to come online to see if it works with everyone on my MSN list or whether I have to add them separately or whatever.

You are dead right about the object of my frustration; I wasn't assigning blame, just commenting on having a piece of kit which looks to be so useful and not being able to use it to its full capacity for whatever reason.

While I'm here, I'm a little behind Mme Flappy insofar as I haven't mastered tabbed browsing as I used to use in Firefox. The options in tabbed browsing may as well be written in Swahili. I've tried a few alternatives and I can now right clink a link and get the options box up including open in a new window. What I'm after is to be able to do that in my bookmarks list, but whatever I do, right click, control click, apple click (or whatever it's called) the new site just comes straight up over the last one. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I've definitely decided my next lappy will be an iBook. One of these days I'll get around to using more than 10% of its capabiliities.