PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 19:23
porridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The title of this thread says it all: “A positive post for OAT”; the definitive part is the “A” part of the sentence i.e. not “another”, not “more” etc,
I have read the posts by particularly Scroggs and Alex Whittingham and these distil the essentials of what the wary Wannabee should know about the various major league players in the FTO market in the Anglo-centric world.
It comes down to a couple of points related to fools:
1. “ they are soon parted from their money”
2. “in life one is born every minute and in aviation training, one every second”
I would venture to say that the fools make the most noise about their mistakes and encourage those of a similar persuasion to join them in their folly, the wise keep their own counsel, look at the pertinent advice that is given and keeping it to themselves steal a march on the more gullible wannabee.
However, one can lead a horse to water, but one cannot make it drink. I don’t know how much time and energy I have spent giving people cautionary advice, to only see them go off and get badly burned when they ignore it. I often wonder what incredible pearls of wisdom is imparted by those operators that I have warned people about, even implored them not to risk their money with and what to they do – they go and do it anyway, so why to I waste my time I wonder?
If I could only have a small 10% commission of the money that they have wasted contrary to my advice I would be well off.
The best part on PPRuNe is that one can get a lot of good, non-biased information that is relevant and it will save people money, heartache and disillusion if you look at it properly without the blinkers. However it doesn’t seem to be able to match the hypnotic allure and persuasion from the spin-doctors. But we all listened too, and voted for, Tony didn’t we (and on that I not saying which one; or maybe I mean both!)?