PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 19:21
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us all hope this will not degenerate into DSA-HUY bashing again, gets tedious, I must raise a wry smile though at mpr 27's comment:
However I have been concerned that the Manchester Airport Group were only showing interest in expanding ops from there in order to damage DSA
Forgive me if I am wrong and have missed something in all my years in business. Isn't that what it is all about, breaking the competition to maximise profits. Peel did not buy DSA as a gesture of goodwill, I do not think they are a philanthropic operation, they saw an opportunity and took it. More than likely the aviation side will go to rack and ruin, if those load factors quoted are correct but what must not be forgotten is the huge amount of development land tht came with the purchase, worth far more than aviation income any-day. Doncaster is Objective One deprived are, means people have no bunce for joliholi, therefore pax must come from elsewhere, i.e. other catchments EMA, LBA, HUY, MAN, all that happens is the pax move around and that is not fair for DSA to steal pax from these airports is it as it will 'damage' them.
Regrettably, 'all is fair in love and war.'