PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 18:52
POL1W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpr27 wrote

"Hence they are offering Ryanair, Excel, and possibly now Jet2 preferential deals at HUY in order to drag people away from DSA. I'm not convinced it'll be possible to rig the market like this for long, but it'll certainly be interesting to see what happens next."

Do you not think that's what Peel did with DSA to try and drag people away from HUY and LBA. I wonder how much Peel are paying TUI to operate these schedules with their abysmal 20-30% load factors, or how much they offered Ezyjet to do a GVA, and RYR to do a DUB barely carrying just over 50%, both heavily committed to Peel at LPL I must say. Obviously their plan is now backfiring. DSA have a major company in TUI, the main operator there and no one else wants to to even bother competing with them now. So, if Excel do well at HUY, good luck to them and lets hope they expand. If Jet 2.com start here, I'm sure they'll do very well as they are now very well known throughout the north of England. Looking at the DSA pax figures I would'nt bother to start an operation from there.
HUY will do just fine with its catchment area and DSA's catchment area too.
HUY was here long before DSA became a pax airport, so you can't claim that they are taking away your pax. DSA will just have to build a pax base like every other airport has done. But can Peel wait that long ? they do like their huge shopping centre complexes.

Last edited by Evileyes; 26th Feb 2006 at 22:16.