PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 14:25
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting things here

I think that my flying school, with regards to the exams, will look at you based on your performance and your flying skills, not whether you have ticked 20 boxes correctly. If you have done the QXC route successfully to a good standard, and you understand what is going on, then I see no reason as to why they shouldn't let you go - after all, how many PPL's do you think could pass their exams now after years of flying? I know I certainly wouldn't be able to without a significant amount of reading! Having said that, I have always looked at the studying side of flying as an enjoyable thing, so I have an active interest to learn it anyway - I do hear cases where people are completely baffled at the idea of exams and just want to fly - a wrong attitude IMHO.

(I have just noticed that I keep saying "With regards to" so I am not going to say it any more!)

When looking at the RT exam I was of the opposite opinion to Happyeater, purely because I found it quite difficult having not done much flying/RT at the time. If I were to do the test only now at this stage, then I am sure it would be 90% easier than when I took it! It's all down to personal preference I suppose.

One thing I do agree on though, is a disciplined and formulated approach to the PPL. Never disregard the studying!

I just got back from flying today, and have had an amazing time, I will be writing it up very soon (it will have to be, as I will be writing a beast of a thread, sooner than you think!)

Thanks everyone,

Lee