PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piloting in USA
Thread: Piloting in USA
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 09:13
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Wesp

Im not sure where your coming from here? As they are short of nurses in the US it is a profession that is sort after and you can be considered for a Green Card. As was being a truck driver at one time.

My sister is a nurse and went through the process. You get taken on my an agency who then take care of all the filing of all the docs with the then INS for the Green card (no visa = streight to Green Card process) You have to pass a fairly strict medical. After initially applying she waited in the UK for her Green Card to be issued for approx a year then got placed in a hospital in PHX. As for conversion of the nursing qualification there wasnt any?

On the subject of Visas............I was working on an L1 visa at one time. Partners initially couldnt work on it, just be resident, then about 4 years ago they changed the rules so they could apply for work authorisation. As I have said many times the Immigration process is complex, there are many types of visa and ways to qualify for a Green Card. Granted, the easiest way is to probably pay off a Mexican and get married.You need to discuss your individual case with an Attorney to get any definate answers they change the rules all the time.