PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visiting France with an aeroplane in military colours..
Old 25th Feb 2006, 08:40
gyrotyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Military a/c in France

Hi

I live permanantly in France (Between La Rochelle, Poitiers and Nantes) and operate a helicopter and also a Beagle Pup (Not military colours ), I also have my own strip. .

In my experience there would not be any problem in flying an ex RAF Bullgog around the republic, there is in fact a Nord a/c at one of my local airfields which is actually painted to replicate an M109 in war time colour scheme complete with iron crosses ! I did have a photo of it but have lost it unfortunately.

PS. My JAR class II medical costs me 40 euros (£25) and includes a cardiogram. Also my bi-annual check flight costs me just the 85 euros to hire a club a/c with F reg, the instructors time being paid for by the state. The club has the use of an instructor for 5 hours a week.

The medical validity is recognised by the CAA and my UK insurers and a copy of my bi-annual log book entry is stamped by the local DGAC office in La Rochelle and then sent to the CAA for confirmation.

My local club recently had a night flying party last full moon and had nearly 30 a/c all of which seemed to arrive with all seats filled. No landing fees, tarmac runway, crepes, baguettes, cider or mulled wine (for passengers of course) and all for 5 euros (£3).

Do I want to move back to the UK? No way !

Come on in the waters fine.