PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asian pilot Association
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2006, 04:01
SoundByDesign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fostering Asian aviation..

Originally Posted by Left Wing
Indian DGCA already has that law in place, no xpat FO's only type rated Capts only 1-2 yrs contracts.
As per law there must be one Indian pilot in the cockpit.
Hong Kong cant produce local pilots same with Singapore; locals just dont want to take flying as a career, hence the airlines are forced to hire expensive xpat pilots
I'm not sure that HK locals don't want to take flying as a career rather there is very limited and only very expensive opportunity to learn here.

No legacy GA or old Battle of Britain airfields to encourage and foster from the ground to the air.

Fair enough that local people should be able to earn a larger piece of the pie, imagine if 90% of US pilots where Chinese, but I think a more practical and positive step would be to encourage and facilitate the next generations to take up flight training rather than attempt to boycott foreign crewmembers.

I have been attempting such and found much obfuscation but I've been passionate about all things aviation all my life and don't intend to give up.

There are over 6,000 air cadets in HK, they're flying opportunities are 1 X C172 and 1 X twin Squirrel, do the math’s!

If anyone here feels they might be able to help local [Asian] aviation develop rather than hinder then I'd greatly appreciate your comments?

G..