PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 25th Feb 2006, 02:34
gumbi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brucelee
hey Gumbi.
Some OCP have been downgraded? I don't call going from a 737 to an airbus downgraded. I certainly don't call right seat 767 to left seat airbus downgraded. The only "downgrading" happened when we lost the 747's and the Gucci boys had to settle for the big bus or the 767.
The past 17 years? Pretty good as far as the old boys retiring tell us. The only people that keep writing us off are those who never made it here. That's ok, I can sort of understand that.
Hey look, I know this may come as a surprise, but nobody's quitting and lots are still coming over (10-20 a month). Crazy? No. Like I said, still the best gig in town.

Sorry you took it like that brucelee, my intentions were actually friendly, but I guess you didn't get that... One more thing you didn't get is that, no matter what you think and have been told over the years, AC is not for everybody (meaning we don't necessarily ALL want to work there, is that so hard to undertstand?) Some of us are actually happy NOT to work for AC, really!!!

Anyways, for what it's worth, I still mean what I said... All that merger hoopla going on must really be a drag, for all of you, and I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, for whatever reasons!

And, yes, I know of an ex-737 captain that now flies the RJ!