PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inquest: 'Rotorblade downwash did not cause plane crash'
Old 24th Feb 2006, 22:02
mallardpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with crab....the disgraceful aspect of all of this is the way in which the RAF just gives in so that the matter is forgotten. This is not the first case when out of court settlements have been paid out even though the RAF stood a great chance of winning the court case. I remember the case of a chap who left the RAF and then some years later claimed his bad back was all due to wet winching drills. The RAF followed all procedures; there was no suggestion that he hurt himself during the winching; the so calle dinjury only came to light along time after. The court case was planned yet the RAF offered for an out of court settlement which again ran into millions. Its about time the RAF stood up for itself and gave some comfort to all those who are working in all arenas now, in peacetime ops and at war. A settlement like this does nothing to convince any member of the RAF that they will be backed by their superiors. The pilot of the Sea King has suffered enough and this is just another body blow that will hurt him.

Am I glad I left the RAF 2 years ago?

I think you know the answer.