PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A quick question for PA brethren – Pension supplements.
Old 24th Feb 2006, 21:48
L J R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe it or not punters: some combinations of age / rank / joining date etc.... actually make AFPS 75 MORE beneficial for PAS. So until you know all the issues pertinent to ALL individuals, you might want to loose the opinionation....
As someone who has asked the same question ("what is the daily incremental supplement....?") I asked the Pensions Hot Line - a phone number easily obtainable. The chap that tried to answer the querie (I believe they have a contractual remit to get a response in xxx hours / days - whatever...)...anyway they couldn't answer, but put me onto some supervisor who gave the standard party line that questions like this need to be in writing. Wrote said letter - simple English will suffice.... on Toilet Paper will also suffice. Got a reply stating something like 70p per day. BUT the answer was based on info over 12 months old (ie: don't expect your contractual 'rights' to be adhered to) - you obviously are aware that the treasury is required to state said supplement on a regular basis....
Like you SHQ had no idea. As you can also gather, other lads also do not have a clue....
Now for those who think AFPS 05 is (Was........ - too late to make a difference now) better than AFPS 75: For some - a PVR will throw a cat amongst the proverbial. Retirement packages on PVR today may be better than those you get in 7-10 years from now..
Southside - please leave your financial advice for those 7 year olds participating. A Question on PAS & Pension schemes is deadly serious.