PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA - What will it do for you?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2006, 20:21
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPA - What will it do for you?

I don’t post often but I have been a member of prune for many years. I sit back and read the many threads with interest, amusement, anger, fascination, frustration and sadness.
I have been in the mob for 28 years. I have been stationed at 13 locations, including many front line Sqns, I have seen a lot and done my fair share; mainly abroad on detachment. I have spent my life, with my wife, taking the rough with the smooth (mainly rough) and kept my (our) sense of humour and a stiff upper lip.
For 25 years we have lived in MQs because we have enjoyed being part of the “Family”.
Recently we have moved into our “FIRST” own home which is several miles away from where I work.
I found out today that under JPA, I will be £62 pounds a month worst off than I was under RILOR.
Worst still I have also found out that there will be no longer be any link between removals and disturbance allowance and the new “Home to Duty system”.
Only a few months ago I paid for my own removals and did not claim disturbance allowance to be able to claim full RILOR.
Now, anybody posted after JPA can claim all allowances with respect to a move and claim full home to duty up to 50 miles.
Good luck to those in the future that can claim, but ask me how happy I am.
My three percent pay rise has been effectively written off.
Once again the goal posts have moved. It really is time for me to get out.
And for those that may reply with “well you don’t get petrol money in Civie Street and anything you do get is a bonus – don’t bother!!!! I really am not interested in listening to people that have sold their souls for the so called better Air Force,
Quite frankly I feel shafted – again.