PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm Not Going on any Det!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2006, 16:02
southside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well do something then? Or are you the kind of bloke who likes to sit on his BFA waiting for good luck and enrichment to come to him? If you want to change your lot then stand up, go to your boss, wing co, air Cdre or who ever and say

"Sir, Ive got this fab idea to improve morale, its cheap, user friendly, wont hurt the environment and the boys (n girls) will love it"

Now your going to say " oh, they wont let us do that, they don't allow us to have ideas" well. my friend you'd be wrong. Only yesterday my fleet arranged a day of inter squadron rivalry.. The day started with a competiotion in recognition, continued with competitions in Radar approaches, radar plotting, winching, M3M gun firings...then a game of footie between the boys and then in the evening a lot of beer..... Cost to the Navy? asbout 5 flying hours but you could justify that with trainng. Cost to the environment...we messed the footie pitch up a bit....BUT, the chance to allow the boys n girls a little fun, a bit of rivalry and a lot of beers....PRICELESS.... Morale in the Lynx fleet is now somewhere between here and the moon.