PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piloting in USA
Thread: Piloting in USA
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2006, 15:11
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
davepearsall

I think you wiil find this subject has been done to death on pprune if you do a search. With low hours the JAR and FAA systems are completely different when it comes to getting your first job, the JAR system based on quality hours, the FAA on get as many hours as you can. A JAA (f)ATPL with low hours is useless to you in North America and vise versa. If you want to go do the equivelent US Integrated progam try, flight Safety (As mentioned), Pan Am Acadamy, Comair etc and a whole bunch of other Schools for example based at Deer Valley Airport in Arizona.

Bear in mind when you search these forums there are many threads on guys\gals from the US and Canada wanting to convert to JAR. The Job market for even experienced pilots sucks big time over there never mind wannabes. Thats why many are jumping at the oppertunity to work for the likes of Ryanair, Thomas Cook etc.

If you marry your girlfriend its definately a way (a great way) in to get your green card and probably the best lifestyle and standard of living in the world . Immigration to the USA is very complex and you will need a good Immigration Lawyer.

I have heard rumors that the US Airlines are reluctant to employ pilots resident on Green Cards? I would be interested to hear from anyone who can confirm or deny this?

Good Luck