PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2006, 00:38
EGNP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a recent graduate of oxford, i have heard alot of the (bad) rumours going around about oxford from current students from other FTO's and and some from within oxford its self. i personally feel that i got what i paid for, well worth every penny. and they do really work at getting you that job!

i think some ppl expect a little to much and think that for £60oddK that they will be spoon fed every single thing and then oxford will go and job hunt for you, which is not the case, from an airline point of view if oxford call up the airline saying "here is John Smith's CV he would really like a job" then the airline just thinks, why cant he call and do it him self......however what oxford do is get themselvs known to the airlines and i found that loads .. i mean loads of airlines call oxford for new pilots on a weekly/monthy basis and when that happend i got an interview yippee....i learnt i kind of need to pass them as well as attend, anyway i called oxford and a week or so later i was being put forward or 2 more.... i have no complaits about my time at oxford.

as for speaking up and getting your self know in a bad way. me and the guys on my corridor in halls complaind about not having any internet connection, they said there was an internet room in the main halls which is a 5 min walk away we were lazy so pushed a little harder and within a week there was a wirless broadband router in our corridor, i didn't sence any resentmaent and they certainly have not shunned me away.

anyway that my bit.

too all of you going to phoenix, try and get up to sottsdale and go to Devils Martini and Dirty Dogg Saloon (wednesday night with a fistfull of doller bills lol)