PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier sued over Pinnacle CRJ crash
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2006, 00:33
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alycidon:

I have not heard of this one, but lessons learned are not always shared properly.

the British CAA knew all about 737 problems taking off in ice with minimum flaps/leds. sadly air florida didn't know about this.

In canada, they knew about problems with Fokker F28 aircraft taking off in icing conditions...sadly usairways didn't know this.

I am not blaming the CAA or Canadian equiv. I blame people who don't actively seek out information to prevent crashes.

to the person that thinks Don Phillips is a good writer...YES he is! He is a pal of mine and I will tell him, or you can e mail me and I will give you his e mail address. He used to write for the Washington Post (great paper, especially ifyou hate bush!)but now writes for International Herald Tribune out of the Paris office.

I met him while talking about an american airlines near accident at Windsor Locks ( hartford, conn's airport). I'm sure you all remember how they got a little low and sucked some trees (lucky for them, they were in an MD80 and not a 737).

jon

[email protected]