PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 24th Feb 2006, 00:30
brucelee

Flyer.
I hear ya. I and many other OAC will live with this merger too. We have no choice. Although you're wrong by saying we don't own anything. When hired at AC, you own a seniority number. When someone takes that away, it's called stealing. A little screwing I can live with. But I can't live with several hundred numbers of loss of seniority. I have said many times that despite it all, we still have it good. But at AC seniority not only defines your daily life but even what life will be like into retirement. If we were men and women with no principles, no dignity, this would not be an issue. But egos aside, we have dignity and mouths to feed. Many have wanted to be here since they were old enough to walk. To take this lying down would be a big mistake. My friend who hates cats is trying to make me do just that because we need to be "unified" against management or we will not succeed as group. I agree with him, no doubt we need to be unified. But not before we try to restore fairness. We have one more shot at it. I wonder if the OCP will accept an OAC victory. Are they willing to be unified if the OAC get back a little of what we lost? Can we still be unified after that? They proved in the past that it cannot be.

Last edited by brucelee; 24th Feb 2006 at 00:40.