PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2006, 00:24
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leo - you are quite correct in your analysis of the first half loss. In the 10 years that easyJet have existed I understand they have never once made a profit over the winter but have always gone on to make an overall profit for each financial year. This year will be no exception, and I confidently predict that we will make a higher profit this year than last year.

As one who loathes unions with a vengeance, you will of course be disappointed and possibly alarmed by the support BALPA has enjoyed from the pilots at easyJet. Is everyone happy with all BALPA has done? Absolutely not! Are BALPA the only in game in town? Undoubtedly! In short, for all BALPA's faults, they still represent the brightest hope for our company and yours. The original offer received by easyJet pilots was a disgrace and we now have something to work with. It is not good enough yet but it is a start. If we are successful I fully expect Ryanair pilots to get with the programme and join BALPA/REPA en-masse. However shocking such a prospect may be to you Leo - that is the future.

Regarding working for easyJet, it is not the best but it is far from the worst. We are in a fight to make easyJet the shorthaul employer of choice. We are far from achieving that goal but we are nevertheless on a journey that will take us a long way down the road to getting there - mass BALPA membership is one of the tools we will use to making it happen.