PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Volunteer marshalls
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 21:27
rocket54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This being a "rumour" forum I guess the truth is not of interest to people like Squawk7700 and VMC4ME.

The Tyabb Air Show was a great success. It raised a considerable sum of money for local charities. I wonder how much money is raised for charity by the "other" school VMC4ME is talking about. Tyabb also has a very busy student program with one of the local schools, again something that I don't see other local operators doing. Tyabb is a small field with over 130 aircraft based there. Yes hangarage is not cheap, because the price of hangaring an aircraft is dictated by market demand. The distance from Melbourne has nothing to do with it. The PAC owns the airfield. It is probably one of the most financially stable clubs in Victoria and doesn't have to rely on a restaurant to keep it going.

As for Squawk7700, there are 15,000 residents in the area around Tyabb. A handfull of them are trying to close the field down. The other 14,990 are supportive and appreciative of the work that the PAC does for the local community. Over the years PAC has raised welll over $200,000 for local causes and it continues to raise more with its bienial airshows.

As for Sqauwks assertion that the warbirds at Tyabb are maintained to an inferior status, if some of the 30 year old commuter aircraft he mentions were rebuilt to the standards that the warbirds are restored and maintained to then most commuter airlines would go bust.

This forum is for aviation related discussions if you want to run a political campaign against an aerodrome then move to Canberra and start a political party. Everyone in Tyabb will contribute to your moving costs!