PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 16:23
I hate cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats typical kindergarten logic Brucelee. OAC, having no evidence of wrongdoing, no proof of any defect in rulings against them then stand up and exclaim 'The system is corrupt, everyone is against us!'

Trouble is, you havent brought anything forward to prove your statements. Life in denial of reality must truly suck.

Back to original question now.

How will the wage-negotiation go this summer? Badly for you Im afraid Brucelee because there is no unity within your 'union' and without unity a 'union' has no power. No power in this case means no wage increase because AC managemant is so good and your ACPA are clowns.

This is how it will work:

Air Canada low-balls ACPA, maybe even asks for wage roll-backs to match wage decreases on similar equipment in the US. Air Canada throws in a 'position group' tweak to get PG pilots to vote yes

ACPA says no. It goes to arbitration. The wage arb comes back split down the middle between the two positions. 'No big wage increase for you Brucelee' says the Soup Nazi (sorry for the Seinfeld reference). In fact ACPA is lucky to hold on to what they got. Nobody is happy.

A week before the vote, your Flight Ops VP puts out a memo saying: Ive received many Emails from pilots saying they will vote no as a seniority protest. I urge all pilots to vote on the merits of the new wage agreement and not as a seniority protest. or maybe it gets leaked on a forum?

Canadian Pilots see this, hold their noses and vote yes to avoid another ACPA plot. Every other pilot who is tired of the seniority fight votes yes and your wage increase opportunity is a thing of the past. PG pilots vote yes

See how lack of unity in a 'union' really sucks Brucelee? See how screwing a portion of your membership last summer can come back to haunt you?

I know youre in denial so Im sure you will come up with some clown-like response about my propaganda. Whatever. Im not trying to convince you because Ive run circles around you already and you keep coming back for more.

What I am trying to do is illustrate a cautionary tale to anyone who reads this forum about how badly a union can stray from the ideal and how damaging it is when union leaders lose the trust of their membership. ACPA is a mess IMO and AC management isnt. You ACPA guys will lose this summer, its just a matter of how badly.