PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 16:19
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodness Nimbus, that's a bit harsh. At least I post under my name so you can see who I am. All my statements are true, you can check them yourself if you do a bit of research. Check out OAT's forum for starters. Your points in turn:

1. It was not intended to be self-promtional, I'm sorry you see it that way.
2. I use OAT's pictures on our brochure CD, with their permission, to illustrate the options available to students, one of those is the full integrated course.
3. OAT did cut the price of their DL groundschool by 25%. It didn't affect us at all. I suspect we appeal to a different sector.
4. You have sort out whether you think CTC's scheme is sponsorship or not, because you say both things in your post. It certainly is selected, but I refer you to BilleBob's earlier post about the effectiveness of the two selection processes.
5. CTC is modular and their success is greater than that of any current integrated course measured by any parameter you choose.
6. CTC's students are required to provide a bond for, which I agree is just the same as 'pay', about £60K. The training takes them up to type rating, though, which Oxford's does not.
7. I'll leave it to someone else to explain again the difference between the marketing approaches of CTC/FTE/CABAIR and Oxford. I suspect that's why OAT take a bit of a bashing and the others do not.

Edited to ask: Why does your profile say you hold a CPL IR when you say on the previous page that you haven't decided where to train yet?

Last edited by Alex Whittingham; 23rd Feb 2006 at 16:43.