PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 13:21
Postman Plod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RayDarr - why not just get it out - what have the VR(T) done to you? This is more than just a niggle or an observation, I'm really interested in what has made you come to this pretty forthright conclusion? I could be swayed either way, but I'm just not sold by your argument.

As someone said earlier - my commissioning scroll tells me I'm appointed to be an officer in "our" Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve... does yours?? Same bit of paper, different words... Cornflake Commission were the words used by someone else, repeated by yourself, and I thought I'd stick with the theme. To me its far from a cornflake commission. I know I haven't gone through the same training or crap that a regular or auxiliary has, thats why mine says Volunteer Reserve, not just Royal Air Force. Isn't that distinction enough?

As for the Wavy Navy, isn't that (or wasn't that) the equivalent of the VRT, only instead of wavy officer braid, we have a gilt badge? So whats the difference - a bit of paper, which IS different to that of a regular?